Friday, January 30, 2009

Seven Falls

Seven Falls is a beautiful waterfall in Colorado Springs. It has seven places where it falls, hence the name. For Christmas they light it up. The top of it is all frozen, but water is still running underneath it. I have pictures of what it looks like in the summer, so I'll have to find them so you guys can compare. There are stairs that go up right next to the falls and bridge at the top that leads to some hiking trails. We hiked that the summer of '07 I think.
The is the very bottom of the waterfall. You can walk right up next to. It's hard to see, but in the middle you can see where the water is still running underneath it.
This picture is part of the river after the waterfall. The ice formations are really cool.
The is is actual falls. Each of the seven place where it falls it lit up.


The lights rotated through different colors, so sometime it was all white and other times it was red and green.



No comments: