Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ankles and Stairs, Oh My!

I can not believe it's August already. This summer is flying by, and I knew it would. The past few weeks have continued to be crazy. Last Monday was a big bummer. After working most of the day, I gues my right ankle didn't feel like doing any more so it gave out on me and now I have a sprained ankle. It's been over a week and I still can't put any weight on it. Yesterday I went to the chiropractor to see what he could do for me and he did wonders for it. I still can't do much, but it actually feels like it's healing now. The doctors at community care didn't really want to do anything for it, but the chiropractor is going to keep working on it for a couple of weeks. He said I sprained it really good. The bruises on my foot are ugly. My whole ankle, on both sides is black and blue. When I got home on Monday after getting x-rays and stuff I quickly learned that it is very difficult to take care of a very active 9.5 month old little boy, but we are managing and we've had lots of help from friends. Also, on Monday, Lawrence and some friends had planned a surprise birthday party for me, which was fun and helped me get my mind off the pain. Lawrence got me an Amazon Kindle for my birthday. I have been wanting one forever and I have been using it everyday since then. This past weekend we also moved to our new apartment where we are managing the girls apartments. With a sprained ankle I couldn't really do much, but again, with the help of many fabulous friends, we were able to get it done and now we're working on unpacking and organizing. We had to downsize a little, but for free rent, it's worth it. The downside to this move is that our new apartment is up a big flight of stairs so I try not to go up and down them much. This upcoming weekend we are also going to Colorado Springs to visit Lawrence's family and go to a family reunion so that will be fun. We've been looking forward to going for a while. After we get back we'll be busy getting ready for the Fall semester. Lawrence has a long list of maintenance work and I've got lots of the administrative stuff to do. Well, sorry there still aren't any pictures. I have no idea where our camera is in this crazy mess of boxes and stuff, but hopefully after our trip to CO we'll be able to get some posted. I hope everyone who reads this is doing well and enjoying their summer. Bye for now!

No comments: