QUINN TURNED ONE!!!!!
Thursday, Oct. 14th, Quinn turned one year old. I can't believe it's already been a year. I now know what it feels like when everyone said that time flies when you have kids and they grow up so fast. Quinn is learning new things every day and I love to see it. Yesterday he started saying "uh, oh" along with mama, dada, ball, wow, and today I think I heard his say oh no. He's also starting to learn sign language. He took a step or two on his birthday, but is now finally starting to walk pretty well. He's letting go of things and just walking to where ever he wants to go. He's a great eater, eating just about anything we offer him, and even if he doesn't like something I'll offer it and he'll keep tasting it. He's drinking whole milk now and easily weaned from bottle to sippy cup. He's a great sleeper most of the time, taking one or two naps a day and sleeping through the night. He loves to play. He has fun wrestling with Dad on the floor, well with anyone on the floor actually. If you lay on the floor with him around, you become his own personal jungle gym or something. He loves to play with his friend Lili, who's barely a year older than he is, and they have lots of fun together. It's fun to watch them play and interact together. Quinn also loves to read. Almost everyday I'll catch him sitting in front of his basket of books flipping through the pages talking to himself like he's reading. It's so cute. We read together everyday so I guess it's rubbing off on him. He's such a fun kid.
Lawrence started his 5th semester of school. He's got a full load of classes that keep him very busy. I'm very proud of all his hard work at school. He's also kept very busy with maintenance work for the houses/ apartments we manage. We manage older homes, so there is a little more work to do.
My days are filled with office work, taking care of Quinn, sewing or some other craft, hanging out with friends, etc. We've made a lot of great life long friends the past 6 months or so and we all have a blast together. If we're not working, we're playing. Life couldn't get much better.

No comments:
Post a Comment