After moving down to our new apartment we were getting everything moved in and organized. We love having more space and Quinn loves having his own room again. His room is bigger than he's ever had and he's got tons of room for all of his toys and room to run around. One Sunday, not sure which one, but right about the middle of January, we had some friends over for dinner. While Quinn was playing with his friend Lili I went in his room to check on him and as I walked into the bedroom to check on them, water came through the carpet and pooled around my foot. OH NO! I immediately called for help and quickly learned that Quinn's room was filling with water, it was just getting absorbed into the carpet and padding beneath it. So our wonderful friends helped us to get everything out of Quinn's room and the guys worked on getting the water out and figuring out where the water came from. We ended up pulling up all the padding and getting the carpet treated and because water quit coming in we couldn't be certain where it was coming from or what to do so we just laid the carpet down waiting for more to come in so we could find the problem and fix it. So we started putting our lives back together and things were getting back to normal when...........
Fast forward about 3 or 4 weeks. I get a phone call from one of the girls that lives above us saying that a pipe is leaking in the laundry room that is over mine and Lawrence's bedroom. In my mind I'm thinking, "A small leak, no big deal, Lawrence can fix it when he gets home from class." Five minutes later the assistant manager knocks on my door and tells me a pipe is busted and water is spray EVERYWHERE! Unfortunately both of our husbands are in class and we're trying to figure out how to turn the water off while water is coming down and filling my apartment with water. No joke! By the time we got the water turned off and the pipe fixed my bedroom, Quinn's room, the bathroom, hallway, and kitchen were flooded. The only place that didn't flood was our living room because it's elevated from the rest of the apartment. We immediately made a call to have the professionals deal with this mess. They came and got all of the water out and left who knows how many fans and 2 large dehumidifiers to dry everything up. It took about a week and half to get it dry. Because of this, we've been staying in a hotel for about 2 weeks now. They have had to rip out all the carpet, the bathroom floor and some of the cabinets in the kitchen. They've replaced the cabinets and counter top, the bathroom floor, and they patched a large whole in the wall they had to make. Things are slowly getting taken care of and we should be back in our apartment by the end of the week. I got to pick out a paint color for Quinn's room and they're going to paint it for us and they will be coming tomorrow (Tuesday) to move all of our stuff out and the new carpet will be here on Wednesday I'm so excited for it to all be done and to be sleeping in my own bed again. Also in the middle of all of this Quinn's room flooded again where it flooded the first time so Lawrence had to dig up our drive way next to the foundation to find out where the water was coming from and the weather has kept him from patching it up and finishing that up. So things around here have been a bit crazy..........
In other news...Lawrence is some how keeping up with his school work through all of this. He's been a great sport about it all. I've been keeping myself busy with Quinn and my doula training. Quinn is such a bundle of fun right now. He's starting to talk more. His favorite words are hi, ball, dog, nose, etc. He's still learning sign language too. I'm about half way done with my doula training. I passed all of my tests with flying colors and right now I'm working on a reflection paper I have to write. I was able to attend my friend's labor and count it as one of my certifying births and now I just have to attend one more birth and write a few book reviews and I'll be done. I'm really excited to finish and I'm probably going to start a business with it. Well that's about all for now. I'll try to get some pictures up once we get our house back in order.

No comments:
Post a Comment