Hi everyone! I just wanted to update everyone on the goings on of the Hauptly family. We are doing wonderful! I had a great Mother's Day! It gave me the chance to reflect on how much I love being a mother and the important role I plan in our Heavenly Father's plan for us. Quinn brings so much joy to our family. I love being his mother. Being a mother is the hardest thing I've ever done, as I know all you mothers out there will agree with me, but it is also the most rewarding.
In other news.....Quinn will be 7 months old this week. I can't believe how quickly he is growing up. He can crawl now, but he still prefers his army crawl. He also started pulling up on things and he can even bring himself to a standing position if he wants to. As expected, he's getting into everything. He likes to follow me everywhere. If I'm in the kitchen, he has to be there too. He'll put his head right between my feet and just watch me do whatever it is that I'm doing. He's a very observant and curious little boy. He's also a great eater. He has loved just about everything I've offered him, even peas. He mainly gets baby food. We've offered a few finger foods, but he just likes to play with it mostly. I'm sure he'll figure it out soon.
Lawrence is very busy with school and work. He's taking a pretty full load of classes, but he seems to like most of them and he has some good teachers. It's hard to believe that he's half way done with his bachelor's already. Sometimes I feel like he just started. He's still working on campus teaching for the career and internship office and he still has plenty of time to spend with us at home. If Quinn's not napping when he gets home from class, he gives Lawrence the biggest smile and is so excited to see and play with him.
As for me, I just stay busy taking care of Quinn and our home. I'm also working on a fun quilt for Quinn and I still get to read every once in a while while Quinn's taking a nap. Right now I'm reading "Little Women". I started the book a million times, but I've never finished so now I'm going to finish it. I'm also being brave in the kitchen and learning new recipes and trying new things. I love cooking now. I wish I had more patience for baking though. I do love to use my bread machine too. Well, I've got tons to do today. Sorry there aren't any pictures, but I'll post some soon. I hope everyone is doing well. Keep in touch!
Fall Harvest Salad
4 days ago

1 comment:
I'm reading Little Women too!
Post a Comment