So many people have been asking for an update on the goings on of the Hauptly Family. Well.....needless to say we are INSANELY busy. Let me explain why. (This is a long one.)
At the beginning of June Lawrence and I had been thinking about moving to a bigger place here in Rexburg. We were also looking for a job as apartment managers that would help us out financially. Well, one day I really felt prompted to look at the job postings for apartment managers and low and behold, there was one. We sent in our resumes and cover letter that night and got an almost immediate response asking for an interview. We interviewed for the position the next day and we were very quickly offered a job. So we are now the managers of a single girls apartment complex here in Rexburg. You can check it out at www.saqqaraprop.com.
We were supposed to train and learn our job slowly through the month of July, but unfortunately the current manager had to have an emergency c-section a month and a half early. So two days after we were hired we had a few very quick, heavy training sessions with the owner teaching us the basics of how to do everything. The other problem was that the owner was going to girl's camp the next week so she wouldn't even be there to help either. So after a few days, we were in charge. I pretty much do all of the office/ administrative work and Lawrence does the maintenance and he helps me out with the office stuff. It's perfect because I can work on it when Quinn is napping or he'll play for a little bit while I work then we'll play together and we'll switch from him playing independently to playing with me.
Anyways....this upcoming week will be crazy because the semester will be ending and girls are checking out, which means white glove cleaning, and more maintenance work for Lawrence. We also have girls checking in on the same day to stay for the break before the fall semester starts. If I can make through this upcoming week I'll be doing good.
We'll also be moving at the end of this month to our new apartment on the property. We get free rent, free utilities, laundry, etc. in exchange for our work managing the property. This will really help us out financially and we truly feel blessed with this opportunity. Like I said, I really felt prompted to look for this job and I know that this is a blessing from our Heavenly Father. We've had fun learning our roles as managers and getting to know all the girls has been fun.
Now I know everyone wants to hear about Quinn. Can you believe that he is already 9 months old? I can't! He is growing up so fast. He is still loads of fun and we love to play together. At his 9 month check up he was 18 lbs. 14 oz. and 28. 5 inches tall. I'm pretty sure he's had a growth spurt since then too. He has two teeth now and I'm sure some more are coming soon. He's learned to play peek-a-boo on his own, he starting clapping, he says mama and dada, he pulls all of his toys out of his toy box, and he loves to swim and play outside, especially with his friend Lili. He can pull himself up to standing on just about anything and he can now reach the countertops. Boy are we in for it now. We have to be careful what we put near the edge of the counter because he will try to get it. He's a great eater and will eat just about anything you give him. One of his favorite things to do is play on our bed first thing in the morning after he wakes up. He'll bounce around and throw himself all over the place because he knows it's soft and he won't get hurt. Surprisingly he's only fallen off the bed once and he luckily fell on a pile of pillows. One funny thing he does...if anyone, and I mean anyone, closes the front door, he throws a fit. Even if it is someone he has never met before. We're not sure why it makes him so upset, but it's kind of funny. He doesn't really have too much stranger anxiety so I don't think it's that. But, he's so much fun and happy most of the time and I am extremely blessed to be his mother.
On to Lawrence. He is right in the middle of all his final projects and finals are next week so he's busy with that. He has worked on campus all semester with the career and internship office and he continues to enjoy that. He was also accepted into the Fast Grad program so he'll be going to school year round now, which will help him get through school a little faster than we originally planned. I'm so proud of him and all the work he does with school.
I stay busy with our new job and getting ready to move. I've also been having fun with some friends working on some sewing projects. I have two friends, Caryn and Sara, that I get together with and we all just have fun sewing, chatting, watching a movie, etc after our kids go to bed. I love getting together with other women and moms. There aren't very many days that go by that we don't have a play date of some sort. A couple of days a week I also work up in our garden. The school here offers married students a plot of land to plant a garden so we've got lots of stuff growing; peas, potatoes, green beans, cantaloupe, cabbage, broccoli, lettuce, carrots, onions, tomatoes, pumpkin, and squash. We're really excited for it to continue to grow so can harvest the fruits. Talk about fresh fruits and veggies. Lawrence and I have also had lots of fun hanging out with some great friends. We're sad that we'll be moving away, luckily we'll still be in the same town. We get together with friends a couple of times a week just to play games and have fun.
It's been a great summer! It's been a busy one, but a great one. I say that it's better to stay busy anyways and I haven't had any time to get bored. I have tons of pictures to share, but lack the time to post them. I think I'll wait till after our move in a couple of weeks and then I can sit down and post lots of pics. I hope that all of you are having a great summer and this finds you all well.
Garlic Bok Choy
4 days ago

2 comments:
So glad to hear you're well and alive. It's been a while since I've talked with you! I guess with your new job, you won't get much of a break to come down to Utah for a visit :( Looks like a good excuse to walk down memory lane and visit Rexburg, Idaho though. I can't wait to see some pictures!
It will be sad to be in different parts of the town, but that just means we'll have to make more time for each other! Haha! Hopefully we'll get to move, too, to a bigger place and we can party hardy!
Post a Comment