This new year has gotten off to a great start. I don't think it could be any better. There's lots of news to tell.
I absolutely love being a stay at home mom and house wife. I was nervous about it before Lawrence went back to school, but I'm really enjoying it. Quinn is on a great 3 hour schedule. I know when he's going to eat and when he naps. This makes my job much easier. He's not sleeping through the night just yet, but he'll get there. Last night he slept for 6 hours straight, which is really good for him. Atleast his night feeding is usually around the same time so that helps me make sure I get enough sleep. Also, as most of you know, I finished my master's degree in October right after Quinn was born and this week I finally got my diploma in the mail. I was very excited when I pulled it out of the mail box. We're getting a nice frame for it and it's going up where everyone can see it. Not to brag or be prideful, but I am very proud of myself for getting it. Now the college is emailing me to start my PhD. I don't think so!
Lawrence was very excited for classes to start this semester. He's had a great start to the semester and it sounds like he has some interesting classes and good teachers. He's working so hard to do well and I'm very proud of him. Lawrence also found a job on campus teaching the church's career workshops in the evening. We all know he is highly qualified with his experience at the Colorado Springs, CO Employment Resource Center. He's also looking for another part time job to help us save up money and get out of debt. Speaking of debt....we were able to pay off my car loan. It felt wonderful. Now both of our cars are paid off. YAY!
Quinn is doing great! He will be 3 months this weeks. I can't believe it. I know every mother says this, but he is growing way too fast. He is learning everyday. He loves to play on his floor mat and he's figured out to hit the toys and make them swing. He'll play on his floor mat in the morning so I can eat breakfast and he'll start cooing and smiling at the hanging toys. I'll add a video of him doing this later. He's also learned to roll over from his stomach to his back. He'll only do it in his crib though. It's pretty funny because he'll wake up from his naps, I'll go get him and he's rolled himself over and he's just smiling up at me. He's also holding his head up really well. He can hold it up at a 90 degree angle for a few minutes. He's so fun to interact with, too. I'll talk to him and he'll start smiling and talking back. He's learning to make new sounds all the time. He really is a happy baby. We are so blessed to have him as a member of our family. Enjoy the pictures.
Cute church outfit from Grandma and Grandpa Hauptly for Christmas
Christmas at home from Grandma and Grandpa.
There are a few more pictures I want to post but I can't find them so I'll post more later after Lawrence gets home and can help me find them. I'll put some cute videos on soon, too.

1 comment:
What a stud in that little vest! He does look like he's getting bigger! I want to see him again! When are you two, I mean three now, coming back down to Utah?? :)
Post a Comment