Lawrence and I have been looking for a way to help the victims of the Haiti earthquake. Being poor college students and new parents we don't really have money to donate, but we do have our time and efforts. A member of our ward is from Haiti and luckily all of his family is safe, but he lost his best friend. This weekend our ward got together to make some quilts. We also donated clothing. Being one of the few members in our ward with a sewing machine, I was given the opportunity to put one of the quilts together in preparation for the rest of the ward to finish it off. At the activity everyone else tied them together. It was a lot of fun serving the people of Haiti.
Me and the quilt I sewed together
Ward members working on a quilt
Lawrence working on a quilt
All the clothes that were donated. It helped us clean out our closets a little.
Fall Harvest Salad
4 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment